Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Roads yield to warmer weather

There are only 3 icy spots on the road between Mick's place and Cedar Run. They are shown to the left with the first picture being the farthest away in that low valley with the high water fall and big rocks. The second picture is the last narrows before Leetonia and the last picture is looking from the bottom of Mick's driveway towards Leetonia.
The rest of the road is down to the dirt, full of spring potholes. Some of the road is even dry enough to form dust. It would be nice if the road wouldn't go so fast from ice to dust.
Anyone should be able to come up the road from Cedar Run as long as they slow down for any ice that might be left. I am sure most of it shown will be gone by the weekend.
There is a renewed sense of freedom I feel when we can visit all our friends without fear of the road or going 50 miles around to travel 8 miles.
As you can tell I am back from Los Angelos. My brother and son tried to convince me to move out there, but my heart is here in the mountains of Leetonia. I took a walk with the dogs the next day after my return and couldn't believe the difference in the amount of snow and ice since before I left. The sun feels more inviting here. The birds are flying back from their winter migrations and everyday a new one can be heard outside singing a song of happiness for the warmer and longer days.
My work will pick up as fast as the snow melts and that is good. Mountain girl, Paula, logging off and happy to be back in Leetonia.

No comments: