Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Power of Wind!





Last night we had very strong winds which finished off our Tee Pee that a bear decided to redecorate a few years ago. Leo is inspecting the damage hoping a critter runs out from underneath it. There are small branches on the road but the trees held up for the most part. The picture of the waterfall is by our bear bridge. As you can see there is still a good water flow from the rain we got a few days ago.

Yesterday I drove the Subaru with studded snow tires down Leetonia Road towards Rt. 414. I didn't have any problems but there is still ice on a good portion of the road. It is melted where the sun hits. If you come up this weekend make sure you drive in the center of the road where it is packed down because the snow on the sides of the road is soft and deep in spots. Conditions change daily so come prepared and use caution.

Leetonia Lee Logging Off.

2 comments:

Fred said...

Lee,

Hopefully you remember me from this past summer when we all went to dinner.

Thanks for keeping us informed during Paula's vacation time. The website is very addictive and we miss hearing about Leetonia, if there are no postings on a regular basis.

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Fred & Carol Espenship
Evergreen, Colorado

Raymond said...

I believe March 11 was the day I ran in to you on that snow covered road looking for waterfalls. I took a stop by your site because I lost your contact information to post on my website. If you remember me, please take a stop by my website and send me an email. I'll have to keep on eye on this site for my next trip out.