Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day and Blooming trees


The apple tree in the front yard announced Mother's Day with a brilliant white shout.

The trees are blooming and the allergies to trees are in full-swing so if you have any tree allergy bring your medicine.

We have had a little cold, wet spell and are still having an evening fire to take the dampness out of the air. It seems we have been very busy with work and I have had little time to write anything on the blog.

The turkey hunters have been stalking the woods with varying degrees of success. Of course the turkey's appear the most on Sunday just to spite the hunters. Last night I was at the Ruins camp and as I got ready to leave a large Black bear stood about 10' from the door. I decided to wait until he ate the hamburger one of the guys had thrown out...no wonder he was so close. This camp was like the McDonalds of the woods. I will try and take my camera with and get a few pictures for the next post. Have a great Leetonia Day. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.

No comments: