Monday, February 2, 2015

State Forest Roads closed

Snow from front of house

Driveway
The State Forest Roads are closed according to Paula. Traveling with anything but a snowmobile this morning is nearly impossible. The exception being the road in front of my house that is plowed out to the Gaines side. Those who dare make the trip with a car or truck on other than plowed roads are in for a 10 inch base which was followed by at least 8 inches last night. I, in fact, waited until the plow came at 9 am to venture out for anything but cleaning off my own drive and the neighbors drive with the 4-wheeler plow. The fact I even came up the State Forest Road last Friday was greeted with a slap to the back of my head by our Elk Township road clearer, Lee. If it was folly then it is impossible now. It is still lightly snowing/misting. The temperatures are supposed to go up today and we are getting a little wet stuff on top of the snow. For now don't plan on coming to Leetonia past my house with anything but a snowmobile. Have a great snowy Leetonia day. Mountain girl, Paula, logging off and shoveling out.


No comments: