Friday, April 10, 2015

Mud, potholes, water and beauty

Water Fall along Leetonia Rd.

Rock Slide 414 near Cedar Run Creek Bridge
I traveled up from Cedar Run tonight in 2-wheel drive. If you have a car you love and would be upset if it hit a pothole or got muddy don't come up yet. Otherwise it is quite drive able. This time of year you have to watch out for rocks falling as the weather warms and the rain comes down. The second picture shows them clearing the road near the Cedar Run Creek Bridge on 414. I had to wait a bit before I could get by. The rocks as large as the ones they are moving could kill more than your car. The smaller rocks are sharp and play whack a mole on your tires.
The combination of the rain and snow melt has popped Pine Creek up over 6 foot a few times and it is still running high for the skilled boat person this is the time they love. I myself like it from 2-4 feet 6 sort of scares me. The sound of the creeks rushing and the beautiful falls this time a year makes the drive up the back roads worth the torture to your vehicle. This weekend I am opening up one of the camps and praying that the well will start as our ground frost is still pretty deep. Next weekend is the opening to trout season so many a Leetonia Fisherman will be stalking the streams. The weather is supposed to be in the 60's over the weekend and I am loving that. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.

No comments: