Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Leetonia

Leetonia Cemetery Memorial Day 2015

Memorial weekend is always a big weekend for people coming to their camp. It is also a day when a special tradition takes place. The graveyard in Leetonia has fresh flags today including the ones on those who served in the military the last one being a Campbell in World War 1. Mick and Alice used to do the job of placing the flags each year. I have to be honest that I am not sure who has taken over this honoring of our veterans in the small out of the way place in Leetonia. I am sure someone knows and if they want their name mentioned let me know and I will be glad to do it. This day we remember even in the mountain ghost town of Leetonia. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Zimmerman camp has been weed whacking and placing flags.