Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Barn Swallows are back!

Today was the first day we saw the barn swallows. That means they will be trying to build nests all over the house and we have to get the screens up on the porch before they claim it as well.

I thought I would include some progress on my carving. It is not turning out as well as I had hoped, since I found a bad spot in the log right between the bears legs, but it is my first attempt at something so large. I am wishing at this point I would have tried an easier bear pose.

The second picture is a shot up the road you can
see no snow! Yeah! The grass is getting green and the trees are starting to bud. We have a perfect blue day starting in Leetonia. This is the kind of day I love living up here. The day started with a little frost but is supposed to get up into the 60's.

Sorry I haven't written sooner, but I lost my small camera and the one I used today isn't as easy to carry around. I like having some pictures instead of just words to share. Have a great Leetonia Day. Mountain girl, Paula, logging off.

No comments: