Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thank You from the Mountain Girl

I want to dedicate this blog to the volunteers of the Morris Fire Company, the Medivac Flight Crew, The DCNR Foresty Dept, Mick's Son who found me, and everyone at the Cedar Run Inn who helped in so many ways.

I am hoping the first picture has most of the Morris Fire fighters who came and wrapped me up like a fragile egg for shipment. They transported me as carefully as they could across roads most people would never want to travel and got me safely to the helicopter.
Knowing someone else is in charge of helping you when you become unable is a feeling hard to relay. I am a very independent and strong person, so needing help is very foreign to me. I will have to say this experience is very life-changing and special thanks to the Morris People for all they did.

Next the Lifeflight nurse and pilot. Although no in flight movie was available, the morphine drip was greatly appreciated. They were great at keeping you calm about riding in a very tight space whirling through the air. They don't have much room in the copter to do everything they do, but having that shortcut to a state of the art hospital was a big relief. It would have been very painful to have been driven much farther on rough roads. Thanks for the smooth delivery to Giesinger in Danville.

Also much thanks to Brian Caldwell the Chief Ranger at the Foresty Department. Not only has he personally come to visit, but he crawled down to my vehicle and retrieve many of my tools and dropped them off at my house. Wow! I can't say enough for the kind actions of all in this department. He continues to email me and is promising some pictures he took of the crash site.

Thanks to Micks sons for picking me up. I will have to tell you I recognized your face but didn't realize who you were until later. I am so glad you came down the road when you did and helped me to safety.

Last but not least Charlotte and Stanely Dudkin and Cozette Stolfus at Cedar Run. Just seeing their faces and knowing they would take care of contacting Lee and the emergency assistance was a relief. Charlotte's son Matt had just been in a motorcycle accident the day before and she was sick and still cared for me like her own daughter. Make sure you all support the Inn they are great people. Special thanks to Cozette who is a retired nurse and made sure I was comforted her light kiss on my forehead said it all and I will never forget her compassion.

So many of my readers and friends of the family have sent cards and words of encouragement that I would be hard pressed to name you all. You know who you are and I am sure you got extra credit on God's report card.

Now to the second picture. My granddaughter Reilly, 12, recently had a birthday, she helped her mom make up this Mountain Monkey equipped with a helmet and parachute to avoid any more accidents. Reilly's birthday was June 24th. I sent her birthday money and she returned it to me with a note, saying she felt God wanted me to have the money because I needed it more than her. Where does a child this age get this kind of compassion and self-less ness. It made me cry and be full of pride for the the wonderful person she is growing into.

In this world it is the little things we do for each other that makes life worth the trip. We all complain about the gas prices, economy and so much more. But when it comes down to it we are all linked together in our struggles and our joys. Sharing this with you all has been a great blessing to me and I hope will be a blessing for you all as well. Pass on the love and compasssion to others everyday and you will make an impact if only for a minute on someone else. Thanks again for all the love and support.

No comments: