Thursday, October 15, 2009

October Snow

Well it looks like the next couple days are filled with snow. It is snowing now and although much of it is melting as it hits the ground some is not. The trees are still holding quite a few leaves and the snow weight is bending them.
The first picture is near the top of Cedar Mountain. I took it as I went out to get mail. For those of you who don't know our mailbox is 7 miles from the house at the end of the State Forest. I generally don't get mail everyday for this reason.
The next four days are promising to stay cooler than usual highs in
the low 30's and mid to lower 20's at night. It is also supposed to continue to snow on and off as well. Not the kind of weather I expected when I put the kids pumpkins outside. I think I can see one of the pumpkins teeth chattering.
This is also not good news for the painting and other outside jobs I have not finished. Hopefully, it will warm up next week so I can squeak the last few jobs in.
Mountain girl, Paula, logging out and putting some more wood on the fire.

1 comment:

Pianoman said...

Paula, we were up this past weekend as well. You'll see a picture we took from the top of Chimney Rocks on Sunday posted on my blog.