Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow finally comes

Well, we finally got some snow last night and today. I would guess a total of 6-8 inches. This is nothing compared to the high numbers of 20+ inches to the South and East of us. It will be enough to make the snowmobilers happy this weekend.
After the plow went by I got my neighbors 4-wheeler and plowed his driveway and mine. I am sure glad he is letting us use it sure saves on the back. As you can see from the second picture, Speck, watched me as I plowed outside.
I took the dogs for a walk up the road after I finished plowing and on the way back, I fell four times. I
guess the plow took enough snow off the road to reveal ice underneath. Had I known it was that slippery I would have worn my ice spikes. Each time I fell I got licked to death by the dogs. It didn't help me get up.

It is still snowing fairly good and the wind is blowing along with it so I expect to have to plow again before it is over. The weather people say we are through with the most of what this storm has to offer so I don't expect more than an inch or two more.
It was so windy last night, it sounded like a truck going down the road. Snow blew up under the porches and into the window sills. Made for a chilly feeling night. I guess we can count ourselves lucky though we still have power, heat and not too much snow.
Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.

No comments: