Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snow isn't here!

I think this is the longest I have gone without a post to this blog. I have been gone for a month, while Lee held the camp down. We haven't had much snow this year as you can see from the picture. I used the snowmobile once to pull kids on sleds and it has waited patiently for more snow without success.
All of our snow and cold appears to have gone South for the winter. The good news is for the animals who don't have to look far for food and struggle through the deep snow. Also, good news for the firewood. We are going through wood near as fast this year as last.
The economy has hit us now and I have had to go
other places this winter to work. I will again be heading out to San Diego to help my son remodel his bath. I guess it is good I have relatives that need work done. This time its somewhere warm a side benefit.
While I was in Illinois I experienced my first earthquake 4.3. Small by earthquake standards but startling enough to wake me out of a dead sleep in the early morning hours. All the times I have been to California and never felt one there.
With the crunch and the amount I am away it has become necessary for me to find a home for one or two of my big dogs. If any of you want a 5-year-old pit bull neutered male(Leo) or 2 year old large furry mix, neutered male, Scooter. Let me know. They both need firm owners. Leo doesn't play well and needs a home without other dogs. It is hard for me to even think of giving one of my dogs away, but with all the travel it is hard on them too. If I can get it down to one large and one small dog it will be much easier. Without me here..Leo got into a fight with the other two dogs and ended up the worse for his effort. Multiple dogs can be difficult if you don't keep a thumb on them at all times.
For now I am enjoying being back in the woods and praying for Spring and close work so I can stay in the place I love. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.

No comments: