Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Spring




This first day of Spring I was greeted with a robin in the front yard. I was told that a robin is a sign of Spring. A few days ago there were several flocks of geese flying north. The weather the past few days has been sunny and perfect. Rain is in the forecast which is okay with me just so it isn't snow. I'm not holding my breath though. We have had six inches of snow in May before.

The pictures show that most of the snow is melted. Of course in our area there is always little clumps of snow that linger on when all the snow has melted in the valleys. At least we can travel most of the roads.

It won't be long before the hummers start hanging around. I will start putting the feeders out the end of April. Feeding those amazing creatures is a full time job. I usually go through at least a gallon of hummer food a day. I should probably start buying sugar now. Last summer I used 10 lbs. a week. Here is a neat link on Hummingbirds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjnc1kHMDDo

It's time to get started with some Spring cleanup. UGH. So much for my winter hibernation. Hope you all have a good Spring.

By the way....I am thrilled to have high speed internet back. The pictures loaded in seconds. I enjoy posting this blog but I'm lacking subject matter. So if anyone has a story to post let us know. Thanks. Leetonia Lee logging off.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Thank you for that hummingbird link. I hope to attract a few hummingbirds around my house this year.

Fred said...

Excellent hummingbird link...WOW!