Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Free Handout

This nice buck showed up yesterday with a doe for a free handout. The cracked corn was for the birds, but it seems most of it goes to the deer this time of year.

The deer have had it easy as far as winter goes not much snow cover so they can find food easily. Some years by now they are starting to get thin and not so healthy looking, but these two look fine.

The weather is still bitterly cold and my cough is hanging on. The roads are very navigable by 4-wheel drive cars or trucks.
Snowmobiling is still out for the year although I have seen a few desperate snowmobiler's tracks if you want to spare your machine you will wait until you can travel on less than half gravel.

It promises to be a bright sunshine filled day which gives the illusion of warmth outside. My nose burns with every breath reminding me it is far from warm. It is another Leo by the fire day and a day we will easily go through a large cart of firewood.

Even with the cold and the bare trees there is something very comforting about being in Leetonia. Hope you all have a great day. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paula,

Great pictures of the feeding deer. I always enjoy your articles and especillay the pictures. I hope things are going well for you guys. I finally got a friend (Steve Shaw) of mine who used to visit Leetonia with his Dad and my family, to watch your website. He lives in Lander, Wyoming and like most all of us, Loves Leetiona.

Fred from Evergreen, Colorado.