Saturday, March 22, 2008

Flatlanders vs Ridgerunners


Louise Zywilitis sent me this picture of various shoes at her camp and wondered if I could tell which ones were from flatlanders. If you guessed the tennis shoes were from a local woman who has lived here her entire life then you would be right. Seems flatlanders need more special equipment to deal with their extreme vacations. Ha! It is good that they seem to have a sense of humor about themselves as well. Thanks to flatlander, Louise for the insightful picture.

I'm back! I have to admit I am somewhat spoiled by the nice weather and the beautiful flowers in bloom. I realized how much ones attitude is affected by color. I took about 90 pictures of flowers, animals, and nature. I will post a few later to perk you all up. In another month we should start seeing our first little yellow flowers along the road. It snowed here yesterday although, not enough to stick enough to remind me winter is still here.
March is my least favorite month of the year, because it can be hard to get down the roads that were unplowed during the winter. When everything is frozen you can drive over them or snowmobile on them, but when it is half and half you can often do neither. This is the time of year to get stuck not realizing how deep the soft snow is or slide on the ice as I did. Speaking of that my truck is fixed! So I don't have to be reminded of kissing the mountain with my bumper everyday. Still, I think it fortunate to have been able to go into the mountain and not over the mountain. The road from Leetonia to Cedar Run is passable but very icy and dangerous in spots. Have chains with you if you decide to drive it this weekend. Mountain girl, Paula, Logging out!

No comments: