Tuesday, March 25, 2008

From PA to CA

When I left for California, I took a picture of the road at the top of Cedar Mountain so I could show everyone out there what the weather was like here. I don't think I need to tell you which of these pictures was taken at the top of Cedar MT.

While in California I took as many flower pictures as I could and realized why we get so tired of winter here by March. The color of life is missing from us for too many months.

The flower pictures were taken near San Diego and it seems the fire last fall combined with a good rainy season for them contributed to a blanket of color. The Anza-Borrego Dessert yelded the last two pictures showing catus in bloom with the mountain behind it. A mountain girl must take a mountain picture.
I will say I had one surprise on the way back to San Diego with my son as we pass over the mountain it snowed.

I guess it was mother nature's way of making me feel at home in
the warm California weather, but I didn't compare to what I left behind and by the time we crossed the mountain it was back to warm.
Soon we will have flowers and seeing the first ones is always special as the forests makes the turn around the gray, cold, weather to become green and colorful again. Last year it was April 20th when I recorded the first flower, called colt's foot. That is about a month away. I wonder if the people living in the warm flowers appreciate them as much as we do after the grays of winter? Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.

No comments: