Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Latest Road Report, March 12,2008


Hi everyone. This is Lee the other mountain girl that is usually silent. Paula didn't think I would post but I decided to surprise her.

Today I traveled down the road to Cedar Run in my Subaru without chains. I made it out and back without incident. Part of the road is covered with 6 inches of snow and ice which is slippery with the sun shining on it. About a third of the road is down to the dirt. (Not good for snowmobiling) The hill going down to the bridge at Minehole is icy and tricky. The temperatures are supposed to go above freezing for the next ten days. Tomorrow brings rain and Friday will be rain and freezing rain. So if you are planning to come up for the weekend use caution. Hopefully the ice will melt soon. Paula is hoping winter will be gone by the time she returns on the 19th but we know how March is unpredictable. The snow in our front yard is less than what is seen in this picture. One more thing about the roads. They are really muddy from our house on up the mountain. Sometimes I think it's worse than the snow.

The boys and I are holding down the fort as Brad would say. I will post again if anything develops before Paula comes home. Signing out for now from the Bear of Eaglebear.

No comments: