Saturday, May 30, 2009

Muddy Mountain

Thor thought he would give everyone a big hi from his big head. He has doubled in size since we got him last November. Three legs doesn't slow him down a bit. He spends as much time as possible trying to catch rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks. So far he has only caught one small baby bunny, which amazingly enough he brought to me. I saw the gray body hanging from his mouth and expected to retrieve a dead animal. To my surprise, the small rabbit was hardly wet and not a mark on it. So Thor may be renamed the gentle giant.

The township has been grading the other side of Cedar Mountain and it has made for a muddy, sliding mess after the recent rain. I had to put
my truck into 4-wheel drive to navigate over the mess. Today it has dried up a bit and is much safer.

Next weekend is the road rally. If the State does not fix the end of the road near 414 there will be lots of screaming. I have called and complained about the size of the holes and so far have not seen any attempt to repair it. You have to go less than two miles per hour over much of the last 2 miles or risk ruining your car or truck. Our township does a stellar job with the rest of the road and it is very disappointing to run from a nice dirt road into moguls.

I have been very busy working this month and it seems I haven't been able to post much in the way of news to the blog. I may just have to start including some of the work I do, since that is where all my time is being spent. Thank goodness I can enjoy the woods even if it is only to drive back and forth to work. Mountain girl, Paula, logging off and working hard.

No comments: