Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Getting the mail



Well, I had a little surprise today when I opened my mailbox. It was filled with tiny shreds of paper. The kind you find in a mouse or squirrel nest. There were two small boxes in there and I was almost afraid something might be behind them when I moved them, but there was just a bunch of shredded paper. Now the mystery is: How did something get in there to chew it up? The box is metal and it was closed. The only thing I can figure is the box somehow was open enough for a mouse to get in long enough to chew up the mail. I am wondering when it left. When the mail person put more mail in or before. Guess I will never know and this is the first time in seven years my mail has been shredded. I have worried about bears getting food sent in parcel as gifts, but never thought the little mice would chew up my paper. Fortunately, nothing important was mauled by the little critters.

The injured bear hasn't returned to the neighbors feeder. I am concerned it is off laying low trying to heal on its own. It is a shame to see things like that but that is part of nature and must be accepted as much as seeing a mother with twin fawns romping through the woods. I have seen quite a few fawns lately, which is good for the deer population as it is low. Trees have been falling right and left across the road the last couple days as we have had a strong wind. One of the trees a nice maple jumped into my truck after I cut it off the road. Well, working hard to get some projects done before the 4th. Mountain girl, Paula, logging off.

No comments: