Sunday, June 28, 2009

Snakes and flowers

Just had to post this snake skin I found on the front porch. It was fully intact and 46 inches long. Probably just a black snake or rat snake, still impressive in length. I got Lee to hold it against the door so you could see it. I don't mind having the snakes around since they eat up a lot of mice. It looks like this one has eaten its fair share.

For those of you who hate snakes, my daughter especially, I posted some nice daises I picked outside. A nice mountain flower arrangement to help cover that nasty snake picture. I remember picking many of these flowers for my grandmother as a kid and she always acted like it was the best thing in the world. Sometimes it is the small things kids remember and this one is freely given by nature.
During these hard times it is good to remember how many things can brighten our lives for free and they are right outside our door. Mountain girl, Paula, logging off.

No comments: