Sunday, July 31, 2011

Last Day of July


Last day of July today and I finished shingling a shed I am building at a leased camp in the middle of no where. Without electricity building takes a bit longer. You have to use a generator and the sound of the generator running pretty much ruins the solitude. Today however, the shingles just needed a utility knife, hammer and nails. The building is going to be vinyl sided and the soffits covered with aluminum.
Scooter goes with me most times to work when the weather isn't too hot for him. He loves watching for intruders and making sure I don't work too long past his dinner time.
We are down to three dogs now. I returned Thor our three-legger to the girl who gave him to me. It had become too much to feed and care for all three large ones. She has his sister so after his sister told him she is in charge they got along great. Funny how you can have so many and still miss one when he is gone. I keep expecting to see him laying in his favorite spot on the front porch.
Lee is going to spend some time with my mother in Iowa to help her out. Her husband passed last week after a short intense battle with cancer. Now that she is older it is harder for her to cope with the loss. 2011 has been a year of dealing with many family issues, which still find you even living in the middle of the woods of Leetonia. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.

No comments: