Thursday, December 13, 2007

First Big Snow

It is officially winter in Leetonia we are getting a major snowstorm today with the mountain already showing 8" and more is to come. So far no sign of the promised snowplow as of noon. I think they are waiting for the snow to be done. I am going to start up the snowmobile and get my cross-country ski trail packed down. Today is a good day to enjoy the snow and the warm fire.

They are calling for another storm to come through here on Sunday so a white Christmas seems to be a given. I worked outside yesterday finishing installing windows on a camp in Cedar

Run and it looks like it wasn't a minute too soon. I have enough inside cabin work for the next couple months, but I have the time to enjoy a little hard-earned time off and what better excuse than a snowstorm. Temps are still moderate at 21 degrees so it is perfect weather for a little winter sports.

I am sure the snowmobilers won't be far behind this storm to ruin the quiet, but I am enjoying the sound of absolutely nothing for today. Snowed in Leetonia, Mountain girl, Paula logging out!

No comments: