Monday, September 22, 2008

First day of Fall

Today is my 200th post since I started this blog a little over a year ago. It is also the first day of Fall and as you can see the trees are starting to change a little. Looks like the apples will be ripe in the next week and I am looking forward to apple pie. We are down to a couple of hardy hummingbirds who still seem to be at the feeders. Lee is taking them down as they are emptied to pack away until next year. It is always sad to see them go.

Good news on the healing front. I got my brace off last Thursday!
The first couple days were rough. My back and stomach muscles are gone and without support for my back it gets tired fast. The doctor was confident I could rebuild the muscles with my exercises and said I should be back to 100% work by December. I am doing a few hours of work a day, but I get tired fast and am not allowed to lift more than 30lbs. The lack of exercise added about a pound a week so I also have some work in that area as well.

Scooter and Leo have been energized with the cooler weather and I have to say it is a relief not to be sweating so much. Too bad it wasn't like this when I had that hot brace on. I pretty much missed the summer of 08 and plan to be much more careful as to not miss anymore time.

The creeks are the lowest I've seen in a long time. It seems we have missed all the big rains. The creek along our house is dry and you can walk across Pine Creek almost anywhere. There is no rain in sight for a week so relief is not close. Enjoy the first Fall view and have a great Leetonia day. Mountain girl, Paula, logging off.

No comments: