Monday, September 29, 2008

New sign in Morris and more Fall color

Morris Fire Department got a couple new signs they look nice. The trees are getting more color by the day. I took a couple of pictures from the top of my hill. I would say we are at about 30 percent. I would expect 50% color by the weekend with the peak sometime the following week.

Mostly Maples and Cherry trees have changed. The oaks are starting here and there. The Larches are still green. Seems they are the last to go. The bears are starting to eat the apples. I noticed some applesauce piles on my walk today. This means if I want apple pie I need to make haste picking some for me before they eat them all.









The smell of leaves (not burning ones) is in the air and the sound of crunching as you walk is pleasant to the ears. The ferns are also changing yellow and then brown. Soon there will not be any reminder of the green blanket that covers the mountains with during the summer.

I am back working a small amount mostly supervising others and picking up materials. The day is still much longer than my back has a mind to feel good, but I am sure in a month or so it will be much better. I am limited to 30lbs of lifting so that leaves out several of my tools.

Mountain girl, Paula enjoying the view and logging out!

No comments: