Thursday, October 9, 2008

Things Past and Present

I was blessed with a visit from blog readers, Fred and Carol Espenship. They were nice enough to take Lee and I out to eat at Antlers last night and in return I gave them a guided tour of Leetonia.

It was a beautiful day except for one thing. The dreaded attack of the lady bugs. The lady bugs (really called Asian Beetles released by the State to eat gypsy moths) came out in full force today for the first time. Fred said he had never seen anything like it and I
believe him as this has been an annual event for only the last dozen years. They get everywhere and they bite you if they feel like it. Only an annual spraying of the outside of our camp keeps them from coming in.

Back to the real story. As you can see from the first picture Carol and Fred are standing in front of Fran's old residence. I included a more recent addition to the property of a plaque for Hershey Zimmerman Jr. who also was a past resident of the camp. We went around and I showed them were various buildings are located and we did a nice visit to the Leetonia Cemetery, which I will cover on another post. Fred was amazed at how much has changed in Leetonia. The trees are much bigger than he remembered and some camps are now gone and some remodeled (mostly my work). They are headed to Cedar Run Inn tonight for dinner and I am sure they will be impressed and filled with the good food there.

No comments: