Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Splitting Time

Splitting wood is a back breaking job even with a gas powered splitter. My sister Ruth, and three of her kids, Hunter, Abby and Hailey came up during their Spring Break to help.
In two days, we have gotten about 6 cords of firewood split and stacked. The girls lasted about half the time we split wood, Hunter last for most of the time. I don't think they realized how hard it would be and I hope will go home being thankful they don't have to heat with wood like their Aunt Paula.
We have another day of splitting planned for tomorrow, but I see by the forecast, Spring is being recalled and replaced by a winter storm
warning. They are calling for 6 inches of snow. So how much we get done. My sister is ten years younger than myself, but we found us both reaching for the Ibuprofens more than once.
We did let the kids ride four wheelers around the property as they are prohibited in the State Forest as a reward for all their hard work. I wonder if they will be wanting to do this again next year? Mountain girl, Paula, logging off.

No comments: