Friday, November 16, 2007

Snow on the Eagle


Well this morning I awoke to a light dusting of snow on the eagle and the bear. It is a reminder that winter is just around the corner even though we have had so many unseasonably warm days.

The mud is bad to the north of us since the logging trucks have been mucking up and down the road and the combination of rain and cooler temperature don't allow the road to dry out. Caution should be exercised coming down hill especially as the clay is very slippery. Now is the time I feel pressured to get everything outside done before the snow makes it hard to work and move up and down the road.

This year they are plowing the road from the Galeton side to our house. This has caused various degrees of responses. We are happy to have one access point that won't require a snowmobile, but most of my work is the other direction in Slate Run to drive around is about 50 miles one way. So going to Slate Run will still require the snowmobile and won't allow people to come up from the south without one.

The hunting season is about to start full boar with Bear Season Monday-Wednesday....not my favorite time, since I name the bears, I hate to see them shot. Deer follows the day after Thanksgiving and most of the camps will be hopping. I am sure I will catch some of you up here. I will be working to get some of my jobs covered so I have a place to work this winter.

Mountain Girl, Paula, logging out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading your blogs. Don't knw if you saw my other post. I'm from Las Vegas and was back your way visiting this past Oct. Am originally from Tamaqua. Was nice trading the lights for the bush country...if only for 3 days.

eaglebear said...

It is great getting comments from people reading the blog. It always amazes me how many people read and enjoy seeing what is going on in Leetonia.