Monday, December 1, 2008

Thor comes to live with the Mountain Girls


As you can see Thor has made himself at home. Of course we are already abusing him with reindeer antlers. Such is the price you pay for coming to live with us at Christmas.

Thor is six months old and rescued from the woods after having his rear leg shot up so badly it had to be removed. He also had a face full of quills. He hops around well but is still healing and not able to keep up with the other dogs yet.

As you can tell nothing much bothers him, which is amazing if you figure in his bad experience. I have a feeling this dog will teach me a lot about forgiveness and healing. He is pretty amazing to watch. So Thor and the boys are ready for Christmas. We put a small tree up outside today. My back isn't up to our usual large one. If you are up in the woods stop by and give Thor a hug.. he gives loads of kisses out for them. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.

1 comment:

Kate Sholonski (moderator) said...

The term "lucky dog" comes to mind as I see Thor resting peacefully. Yes, I agree he made his appearance in your life for a reason. I'm pleased to witness this blessing for your whole family.