Thursday, December 11, 2008

Weather and Roads for Leetonia update



There was a wintry mix all day and now it is snowing. We are supposed to get 2 to 4 inches by morning. Saturday and Sunday are mostly cloudy with only 10% chance of precipitation. Temperatures will range between 13 and 36 degrees.

Today I traveled to Galeton and it was slow going but good where it is plowed and cindered. I also went to Leetonia and there is at least an inch of packed snow and ice on the roads. I didn't have trouble with a Subaru that has studded snow tires but if you don't have at least 4 wheel drive it will be difficult especially with the added snow coming tonight. Remember there is ice underneath the snow so take precautions if you drive up this weekend.

I know many are trying to get that last day of deer hunting in. I talked to one of the Lowe brothers today and he said he wasn't seeing any deer. It was raining and sleeting when I saw him driving looking for deer. I told him the deer are taking cover just like the hunters.

I finally got the pictures to load.

I hope everyone has a good, safe, warm weekend. Leetonia Lee, Logging off.

No comments: