Friday, February 3, 2012

Winter still missing?

There are still patches of ice on forest roads so chains are a must if you come back. However, winter seems to have missed us or been put on delay. Temperatures have been above freezing everyday.
I have seen quite a few deer moving around lately. I am sure they are happy for the warm weather too. Also Elk have been spotted on Sliders and out towards Parker Hollow. I have yet to see one myself, but am keeping an eye out.
I took today off to get work at home done since Lee is again gone helping her sister in Wisconsin.
I also took some time to walk through the woods. When I used to visit and not live here, I practically lived outside during the day. Now that I live and WORK here it is easy to go a long time without enjoying the very place I love.
The dogs enjoyed the walk and if I didn't know better I would have thought it was Spring. There was only small patches of snow and mostly mud to walk through. The birds were out singing like they were on Spring break. Usually, in the winter it is quiet and cold. The animals slow down to reserve energy and there is a feeling of hibernation in the air. Bears have also been spotted out and about. So I enjoyed February 3rd...alone in the woods...breathing a breathe of fresh air. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.

No comments: