Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Weather changes


Finches on mullein

                                                                                                   














Last week we got several thunderstorms. The one in the video was preceded with 80 mph storm warnings. So I tried to capture it. But I guess it didn't want to make a show and blew by at a mere 30 mph, although I hear it got a bit rougher after it left us. If you double the sound and add trees falling it would give you an idea of an 80 mph storm.
The finches love the mullein plant seeds and eat them as fast as they turn brown outside our kitchen window. I think the hummingbirds are storing up for their flight south. The temperature went down to 35 last night and they aren't too crazy about those kind of temperatures.
There is definitely a feel of fall in the air. I didn't realize how oppressive the summer heat had made me feel until we started getting some cooler weather. I had been dragging around most the summer and now with the cooler temps I am finding the old spring coming back to my step as I work and climb up and down the mountain. Got part of our place restained yesterday and hoping to get the rest done before winter this year. I have put it off for three years doing other people's work first and it got to the point where I had to put my place to top of list. That is the disadvantage of being a carpenter your own place never gets fixed. Off to town this morning then back to the painting. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.

No comments: