Sunday, January 6, 2013

Snowmobile Weekend

Scooter

Barry

If you get this post by email you have to go to http:// lostinleetonia.com to see the video.

Well it was a busy weekend for snowmobilers there was a constant hum of machines running up and down the roads through the forest. Barry stopped by and bought the cargo sled so all of my snowmobile stuff is gone. I have mixed emotions about it cause now I am limited to where I can walk, or ski during the winter to see things, but with the lack of snow the last two winters it is for the best.
I talked to the guys at Sunlite camp and they said one of them had come up from Cedar Run it took them 2 hours of misery to go the 7 miles. So at this time I am sticking to my recommendation of not driving a vehicle up from Cedar Run unless you are the adventurous type that doesn't mind getting stuck a few times. By the end of the week it looks like it will warm up and rain so it is anyone's guess as to what shape the roads will be in for next weekend. 

Scooter and I took a walk up to the "Triplets" and back recording the snowmobiles racing toward us. He is such a good dog by himself and it makes me sad I have to find him a new home. So if any of you know of someone who would take good care of him let me know. For now he and I are getting in some winter walking and cross-country skiing while the snow is good. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out. 

No comments: