Friday, January 16, 2009

Frigid Blast covers area

It's hard to take a picture of really cold, but it got down to -13 last night, a new record for us since we have been up here. It is the kind of cold that makes the snow squeak and your nose burn when you breathe in the air. For the two pit bulls it is pure hell, they got out long enough to do their business and run back in limping from paw to paw. Scooter seems less affected by the cold and shows much more willingness to venture out for a time.

Since it snowed the snowmobilers are up in full force for the weekend, but I have to say it doesn't look like fun raising the wind chill on your body in this bone chilling weather. I prefer to stick to the fireplace for my fun. We will use twice the firewood at this temperature then when it is at 30. I am hoping this weather doesn't last long as I watch our firewood stock quickly deplete on days like this. Mountain girl, Paula, trying to stay warm in Leetonia.

No comments: