Saturday, May 28, 2011

Slate Run and forest heavy damage

Cedar Run, Slate Run and the Leetonia area as well as Mansfield have been without power for 2 days. It is looking like at least 2 more before power is back. We have no phone or internet as I am typing this in from Galeton using a library connection. I have some great pictures and will upload them when able.
We spent yesterday sawing us out of the woods toward Cedar Run and then helped saw trees up Gamble Run,which was hit very hard. Many home are servilely damaged and some roads in State Forest still impassable. West Rim road closed as of this morning due to heavy tree damage. This is the worst storm we have had in last 9 years. Fortunately, no one has been killed that I am aware of. Several people camping had to be rescued by forestry when tree blocked their exit some landing on cars. Don't think I would have liked being in a tent. I wouldn't suggest coming unless you like living without electric or phone this weekend. Will post again when I get connection or come back to town. Mountain girl, logging out.

No comments: