Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Eagle has landed on my back


Thought I would share my brace decoration. The eagle is lifting my broken body out of the creek. I wish it had been that easy.

Today I cut and froze about 5 dozen ears of corn given to us. Brad also brought a bunch of garden goodies up today and I will be enjoying tomatoes, potatoes, peas, squash and a couple things I am not quite sure of. I am blessed to have so many friends making sure we don't starve.

I am spending some time reading and organizing my life. I usually don't have time for either especially the organizing. The garage is my biggest project. With a dirt floor it is a challenge to use the space without getting your stuff damp, or frozen to the ground. I put up some shelves and Lee has been moving things back and forth. I am also eliminating things I haven't used for a long time.

I found a dead squirrel? I think, since it was mostly fur and squirming worms. EEEck. Nothing like gross stuff to clean up. But the garage is not varmint proof either. Porcupines, squirrels and barn swallows are in a constant war with me for the space. Seems like the carpenter needs to build herself a new metal garage with a concrete floor. Well, I can dream. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.

No comments: