Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shovers visit Camp Eaglebear

The Shover Family came up today to visit me, from left to right Dave, Carolyn, Jeremy and Taryn.

I am not sure if Taryn was imitating the Bear Carving, but it was very creative. Both kids received a Turkey feather and Taryn got to see a small snake about the size of an earthworm. I'm not sure she was too thrilled about it.

They drove up to the top of the mountain to see my million dollar view and although I didn't talk to them afterward, I am sure they were as amazed by it as I am on a regular basis.

Thanks again to John and Lois Sauers who also stopped by with some fresh vegetables. I already ate two ears of corn and they were delicious. My blackberry pie didn't last long and I am so tempted to go pick some more if it weren't so hot today. I am afraid in my turtle shell I would bake quicker than a pie for sure. Also to all of you who have been supportive in so many ways I can't list...the Mountain girls thank you.

Back to my garage straightening. Lee is my lifter and I don't think she is too thrilled about this project. The Barn Swallows made a real mess in the garage and I must find a way to keep them out next year. Mountain Girl, logging out, and straightening up in Leetonia.

No comments: