Friday, August 1, 2008

Update at Broke Back Mountain


Just thought you all might like to see the contraption I get to wear for the next couple months. I of course added some abs to the front and a few things to the back to keep it a little more fun.

This turtle shell doesn't allow bending and sitting is difficult unless you lean forward. It also heats up fast in direct sun. You sort of feel like a clam bake. I have to wear pants about six inches to big to get over it so I look like a large duck blind with the camo pants on.

Patience is not one of my virtues, so I guess this is what I must learn. For there is no work, driving, or much of anything you can do with this on. Thanks for all the support many of you have sent. It is a difficult journey to go from being so independent and strong to so dependent this quickly. It has given me a great opportunity to see the love and compassion of others. I will say the news media distorts our view of humanity so much one never realizes the vast goodness out there until something like this happens. You also don't realize how many things you took for granted when you can do everything. I will be doing some work today, sorting through my tools that were scattered everywhere during the accident. Of course with the help of Lee, since I am not allowed to lift more than 5lbs. I never realized how little 5 lbs. is. Thanks again to all of you. Mountain girl, Paula, logging out.

No comments: