Friday, March 23, 2007

Leetonia Road's Closed


The deer seem to have little concern this morning for the road conditions and came almost up to the door this morning. You think they would be more concerned about the two pit bulls only 20' away sleeping on the couch.

We got rain yesterday afternoon that created less than pleasant conditions snowmobiling and impossible conditions for other vehicles. I had to pick Lee up at 414 with the snowmobile and we ran through a combination of 8 inches of slushy wet snow and ice and mud; none of which made the snowmobile handle easily. We both had raincoats and still were wet and cold by the time we got home. Out of the 8 miles to Cedar Run only about 2 miles of it is covered with deep snow that would be a problem for vehicles the rest is drivable. The problem is getting past the deep areas. Right now we pretty much decided it either needs to melt more or freeze to use the car. The snowmobile is not usable unless it was a absolute emergency.
Mountain Girl Road Advisory in Effect Emergency road use only! Don't try it for fun because it won't be.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Hi I don't think you have a picture of our cabin,it is 17 wilson point rd. (bucktail camp). Thanks for the info on the roads and leetonia I really appreciate it. By the way I noticed your work on the cabin (wilsbach) I think, it is really beautiful.Keep up the good work,hope to hear from you again. Terry

eaglebear said...

I didn't get over that way. I don't often cross Wilson Pt, but next time I am up that way I will snap a picture for you.