Monday, March 19, 2007

Snow, snow, snow


Okay, I am starting to wonder what happened to the Spring weather last week. We got down to single digits and it is snowing as I write.

I find myself looking at every flake wondering how much heat it will take to make it melt. Even the animals are upset. Red-winged blackbirds, robins and others flying around in disbelief. I think I heard one of them ask, "Are we in the right place?"

In December, the snow is beautiful and seems to add to the majesty of the woods. Now it just seems to be in the way of getting anything done. I dress up like a large stuffed pepper and push my way through the snow to the snowmobile, strap everything on and hope I get to the worksite with the things I started with. The snow is not flat on the road. The weekender snowmobile riders take great pleasure in patching out and making mounds of snow like waves on the road. These waves create a roller coaster effect that is more like being repeatedly punched in the ass. It also jars things off the snowmobile that you tether to it. I can't even seem to get the dogs to stay out long. They bark and push at the door as soon as they have eliminated their bladders outside. Then they park as close to the fire as they can get without smelling like burnt hair.

Jack warming up today

I find myself wanting to be just like the dog planted in front of the fireplace and not doing anything else. And that is the life in Leetonia today. It is supposed to warm up for the weekend and we can start the meltdown again.

Mountain Girl Road Advisory snowmobile preferred. 4-wheel drive vehicles are dangerous to use today.

No comments: