Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring Meltdown II

Spring is trying to make a return to Leetonia. The first picture is the road in front of our cabin today. The second Buck Run Creek. And the Last Camp Eaglebear cabin in progress.









As you can see I started re-siding our cabin with hemlock. I have wanted to restore it to original for some time and the best time to do it is while we can't go anywhere.

I may try to make it to Leetonia today to work at Cassels. I am guessing at this point there is limited access to many of the roads. Tomorrow we have to make the run down to Cedar Run so we should be able to access those roads as well. Overnight rain has helped melt some of the snow, but as you can see the edges of the road are still snow covered and tricky. I doubt the other side of the mountain towards Sliders is passable yet. No sign of a snow plow from the township. I am not holding my breath. They won't plow unless they absolutely have to before trout season. Mountain Girl Road Advisory still in effect! Roads are very difficult in snow-covered areas and impassable in some. Best to wait a few more days before giving it a try. I am expecting roads to be open by next weekend if the melt continues. We are more than ready to have winter over.

No comments: