Monday, May 14, 2007

Cap off to Mother's Day

Well towards the end of mother's day I picked up a nice remembrance. I ducked under the porch support in the first picture and raised up a little too soon. My head impacted that nice steel bracket and I found myself quickly sitting on the ground holding my head and muttering a few words unsuitable for print.

Lee looked at me and said, "It looks like you are bleeding." Soon my hair filled with blood and it started running into my face. I knew all head a face wounds bleed a lot more than the size of the wound would indicate so I wasn't too concerned about filling a few paper towels with blood. Then I wondered if I would need stitches so I attempted to see it in the mirror only to find out my eyes weren't on the top of my head. When I looked at
the mirror I saw my face when I looked down the floor. So Lee took a look and pronounced, "I think you are going to need stitches."

This means an hour trip to Wellsboro to the nearest hospital. Since my little gash was not a "code blue". I got to sit for an hour before the doctor agreed with Lee. He didn't stitch me however, he stapled me five times. I think it was just faster and easier for him. We spent a total of three hours to get the five minute procedure done and return home. I had a little bit of a headache, but awoke this morning without feeling too bad. I am off to paint the outside of a cabin today and I will be paying closer attention to low hanging objects. One side benefit my tetanus shot is now good for the next five years.

Mountain Girl, Paula, ouching off.

No comments: