Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tree Day












Today is tree day and a check outside shows the apple tree just about ready to bloom. The willows along the creek are greening up fast and the Fire Cherry in the front yard is blooming sparsely. I think the cold snap affected it.

The side of the hill shows a little color starting on a few of the trees . Anyone with tree allergies is definitely feeling the sniffles. I walked up to the P47 crash site and will be posting that information tomorrow. Have a great Leetonia Day.

Mountain Girl, Paula, Logging out.

1 comment:

Wade Rivers said...

Hi Paula!
I just wanted to drop you a note to say what an endlessly fascinating and endlessly entertaining blog you have here.

I stumbled onto your site after I entered the name "Leetonia" into my browser's search engine. I've been visiting Cedar Run off and on for around 30 years now (mostly for the hiking, skiing and fly fishing) but only recently became fascinated with Leetonia after
reading one of the logging history books I purchased from Tom & Deb's shop "just down the creek" a couple of years ago. I stink it was called Sunset Along the Susquehanna Waters or sumpin'like that.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to say keep up the good work and I'll be lQQking forward to reading more of your notes from Leetonia throughout the rest of the natural year.

Regards,

-Steve Tureikas
(aka Wade Rivers)