Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bear Trap Remains at my door

Much to my dismay the donut-filled bear trap is still in front of my house within easy range of my donut eating dogs. I called last night and let them know it was at the wrong place figuring they would come today and move it. Wrong!

I did find a nice note on it saying:
"The bear trap is ready to go. If it is in your way you can move it to a different location. Just be very careful to stay away from the door as it will fall if the trap is moved."

Warden Rodney goes into more details about setting the pin with pliers(I assume to save your fingers) to keep the door from falling. I am thinking do I really want to mess with this heavy guillotine like cage? Moving it requires I disengage the guillotine and hook it to my hitch... not a simple lift it with your hands proposition.

Only in Leetonia could one of your problems be: "How to move a Bear Trap....carefully!" And for you first time movers we have written instructions left by your local game warden....Good LUCK!

I think I will keep my limbs attached and just count the days it takes for them to check the trap or contact me. It makes such a nice lawn ornament I might just plant flowers around it. Mountain Girl, Paula, Logging out! and admitting she should have known better than to call the State to help with a hurt bear.

No comments: