Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tree Day and more

Well, a week has gone by already. I added a oak tree to the mix in the first picture, showing some budding out taking place.





The Apple tree has made a lot of progress this week greening up with the warm weather we have had.










The willows are blooming as well and people with tree allergies are starting to complain of itchy eyes and throats.







The Fire Cherry doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot and as you can see on the hill behind it no major changes in the mountain tree foliage this week.






Now on another note. The bear was busy last night making Jack and Leo bark and mudding up my van. Of course he has a reason to mess with the van since I store my bird seed in there. I know one of these days he is going to pop it open and have a feast and then the days of storing anything in the van will be over.

In other bear news there is a bear in Leetonia with a compound foot fracture. I called the Game Commission over the weekend

and they said they would get a hold of me. Instead, I came home today to find a Bear Trap by my front door, two miles from were the broken bear is. If they had called me first they might have got it in the right place. Now I have to keep Jack and Leo from eating the donuts inside the trap before the bears. I think the bear that muddied up my van is in for a big surprise tonight.

I will take a picture in the morning if it is in there. Thats all for today. Mountain Girl, Paula, Logging out!

No comments: