Saturday, April 14, 2007

Trout Season First Day

Well today was the first day of trout season. The bridge is at Watrous over the Pine Creek and there were quite a few fisherman out in the water. The general word was not much was biting. It has been cold and I think the fish are a little under the weather like the most of us. You will notice from the first two pictures to the last it seems like I changed seasons.

All these pictures were taken on the same day. The road going up from Sliders is still covered with 4" of snow from two days ago and
now they are promising us more. Just how much more seems to be up in the air. I have heard anywhere from 6" to 24". I can tell you 6" would not make me happy, but 24" would be miserable. We are supposed to get high winds and electric interruptions as well. Sounds like we are in for a fun time in the next 24-36hrs.
Quite a few people are up for trout season so if they stay at camp too long they might have an extended vacation.

I can promise you some pictures tomorrow to see if the weather
people are right or just sending out false reports. Until then stay warm and batten down the hatches.

Mountain Girl, Paula, logging off.

No comments: