Saturday, April 28, 2007

Turkey Day

You might recognize this bunch of Turkey Hunters up for the first day of Turkey season. I will tell you more about them and their camp in another blog.

But I just had to relay the story that John Tobias, lower right told me. There is a camp about 4 miles down Leetonia Rd. going to Cedar Run. It is the perfect little log cabin, built by a man back around the late 30's with local Red Pine logs. I will have to retrieve his name when I see some of his relatives come up.

The story according to John is this guy was hunting a bear near his cabin, he shot at it and wounded the bear. The bear proceeded to run down the mountain with this man in hot pursuit, the man was older at the time; he got another shot off right before he had a heart attack. The shot killed the bear and the man fell down the mountain and landed on top of the bear and died too.

This would be what the Native Americans call a good death where the prey and the predator come up even. This seems too incredible to be true so it probably is. If any of you know anything of this event email me so we can lay this story to rest...so to speak.

That's the talk for now. Mountain, girl, Paula, logging out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog!
I’ll come back soon.
if you like travels and to know about
take a look in my blog.
thank you!

http://www.travelmagnetic.blogspot.com